1. Press and prepare Hooked Rug to be finished. Machine stitch about 1 inch from hooked area all around rug. Cut linen away from rug along the outer stitched line. Fold the linen edge to the back of rug and press down. See pictures A and B.
2. Cut strips of 3 inch wool pieces to go around the entire piece adding at least 6 inches for overlapping at the ends. It is best to use as long a strip of wool as possible to eliminate having too many seams. Machine stitch ends together making one long strip of wool. Lay cording on the 3 inch strip of wool and fold over about 1 inch. Machine stitch as close to cording as possible. See pictures C and D.
3. Lay the sewn corded wool strip to the bottom edge of the hooked rug. Begin hand stitching about 3 inches from the end of trim. See picture E. Make sure to stitch between your loops and not through the wool loops. Stitch around the entire piece leaving about 3 inches at the very end for overlapping. See picture F.
4. Your finished rug trim should look like picture F at this point.
5. To finish the corded edge take one end of trim and pull back the cord and place the wool over the other corded end. You may have to trim some wool off the end to make it lay flat. See picture G. Snip the cord ends and place the wool together. See picture H and I. Hand stitch the wool around the cord. See picture J.
6. Hand stitch the corded wool to bottom edge closing up your overlap. See picture K.
7. To finish the corners pinch the wool together and snip at an angle. See pictures L and M.
8. Hand stitch the corner angles together. See picture N.
9. Hand sew the wool binding to the back of the rug. See picture O.
Enjoy your finished Rug!